Wednesday, June 4, 2008

5 Days left

I can't believe that it's almost here!

Back in December, I had a conversation with a guide from Mountain Madness. I was really interested in how I could really learn more about climbing. He recommended the American Alpine Leadership's Alpine Mountaineering and Technical Leadership program. I talked to my parents soon after my return home at the end of the semester. They said it sounded like a good idea. I knew there was NO way I could pay for the program myself, and asked that they split it with me. I would pay for gear, food and the 6 or 7 hotel stays throughout the program myself, as well as half the tuition. 

I was officially signed on December 20, 2007. After over 5 months of waiting it is finally almost here. Today was my last day of work. I do not leave until Sunday, June 8th, but the next few days will be spent preparing food, relaxing and resting for what may be one of the more physically grueling things I do in my life. 

I am worried that I will have too much stuff to take on the plane, but hopefully I'll be able to pack it right. A call to Alaska Airlines will confirm all restrictions hopefully...

No comments: