Sunday, June 8, 2008

Finally In Washington!

I'm finally in Washington. The trip out went quick and was about as close to painless as possible!

I got to Newark Airport around 5.50, and was all checked in and waiting in line for security by 6.05. I was through security in 15 minutes. I bought a cheap but relatively tasty breakfast on the plane. Most of the land was covered by clouds, but when we crossed over the Cascades I got some awesome views of several peaks, including Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood (I think) off in the far distance.

The Concourse at SeaTac is massive and I was in awe. The flight from SeaTac to Bellingham was a little late, but was still incredibly quick. All 107 pounds of my luggage got to Bellingham no problem. 

The hotel is probably one of the nicest I have ever stayed in. I ate dinner, which was awesome, at Red Robin, and have spent most of the time since reorganizing all my stuff and hanging out and watching TV. 

Tomorrow morning I will be missing the continental breakfast, so I plan on waking up early enough so I can shower for the last time for the next 6 days, eat a cup of noodles, and haul all my stuff outside to get picked up by AAI! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're off to pretty good start. Have fun and stay safe!
~Colin

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're having an awesome time. I can't wait to hear all about it!
-Kelly

Anonymous said...

Paul,
Your blog is great! You are sorely missed at CPL, however, you KNOW we expect a "program" out of your summer adventure when you return. Be safe, and keep posting, so we can keep tabs on you -
Love, KKL and all your CPL friends